Daily, we miss you, but It's going to be ok.




Today marks your 87th Birthday Dad.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. That I'm not reminded of our last conversation together which you punctuated with "Louie,  it's going to be OK" is always present it stings and comforts.   When I spend time with the girls and think back to the days when I wondered if you thought about me when I went for that fly ball in the outfield and knew that you were working that second shift so that we might see a different path than you had. I know.   Spending time with the girls and teaching them that family is the most important thing,  That There are ways to accomplish what you strive for while staying true to who you are- who is there for you. 

It's been a challenge since you've been gone on a few fronts.  Life has thrown me a few curve balls.  People I thought I could depend on, people I thought were friends showed their true colors.  Their weakness and self interest played out like you said it would.  Yet, I go back to those words: "It's going to be OK".   I continue to stay true to family like you taught us- Family first, then friends, then everything else.  The lessons that it is OK to try, give it your all and fail- because in the end it will be OK.   

Dad, I wish you a very Happy Birthday in Heaven.  I know you are looking down on us smiling and making sure that all will be OK.... Because it will. 



~Lou Sandoval is an entrepreneur whose successful career transcends over 17 years of Fortune 100 experience parlayed into business ownership. Lou believes in giving back to his community and has been involved in the Boy Scouts of America's leadership. He serves on a few non-profit and professional boards. Opinions expressed here are solely personal and not a representation of any of the organizations with which he may be affiliated.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts